Thursday, June 15, 2006

Mess.

This has been my week, papers cluttering the floor while I practice the songs I know, re-discover things I wrote a year ago and never worked into the set, and write anew. Good times! I feel pretty lucky sometimes, that I have time to do the thing I enjoy most. When I'm not wallowing in fear and pity about being unemployed, that is. Hahahaha! Screw you, Society. I don't need your "social norms" and your "accrued debt."

The other day I needed a post office, and I had overheard someone say "I go to the PO on Manchaca all the time." Manchaca is like a block away...so I get in my car and start driving. Nothing. So I drive the other way for quite a while...nothing. I decide to turn around and Google a freaking post office in this town before going any further. I pull off into the very next driveway...and it's a post office. Sometimes things work out.

Wow, this entry is pretty lame. I need to pack so I can go to Albuquerque tomorrow. The sucky thing is I know I'm going to be out late tonight at a gig. But driving 12 hours is not something you tackle on 4 hours of sleep unless you're an idiot. So I'll just get a late start. Thank goodness for losing an hour! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

L said...

I am cheering for you tonight!

Beth said...

You make me smile. Thanks for listening to me on the phone. I enjoyed catching up on the Austin life via blog as well.
Like the PO, you'll find a job just when you've figured you'll ask for help. Chin up. (I think I say that to myself too!)

Buffy said...

The photo reminds me of university. And the day before tax day.

It's how I get things done. Surround myself with it all on the floor.