Saturday, December 09, 2006

MemeTime

Name your top 10 most played bands on iTunes
  1. Shedaisy
  2. Mary Chapin Carpenter
  3. Rosanne Cash
  4. Sugarland
  5. John Jennings
  6. Kathleen Edwards
  7. Sara Evans
  8. Susan G.
  9. Dixie Chicks
  10. Soul Miner's Daughter


What was the first song you ever heard by 6?
"Six O'Clock News" I think on David Letterman. Ben and I bought the CD that night on Amazon. The rest is...well, I love Kathleen. Haha.


What is your favorite album of 2?


Stones in the Road


What is your favorite lyric that 5 has sung? Oh that JJ. I love:

"Maybe one day we can make our amends, but for now with all due respect please do not call. Cause I can't think of you without stalling again. I love you, goddamn you, that's all."

How many times have you seen 4 live?
Once. I hope to see them in Houston this spring, though! Loves.


What is your favorite song by 7?
"New Hometown" - and that was before she was all tabloided out. Oy. Poor Sara.


What is a good memory you have involving the music of 10?
The last semester of college I got really into Soul Miner's Daughter, and I would take my iPod with their CDs loaded and walk to Starbucks in Nob Hill on gloriously crisp fall days and enjoy a pumpkin spice latte and write for hours, and then I would walk home with more Soul Miner. I miss those days. Except I have more free time now and could do the same, haha. I guess I miss Nob Hill!


Is there a song of 3 that makes you sad?
Black Cadillac, because it is about her father passing away, and I am really sad I only grew to appreciate Johnny Cash after he died.


What is your favorite lyric that 2 has sung?

Oh come on, one Chapin lyric? Ok. This one:




How did you get into 3?
Back when my grandma lived in Kansas she had Rosanne's album "King's Record Shop" on tape and after I started playing guitar I became obsessed with that album, especially "Green, Yellow, Red" with its awesome guitar solos and once I borrowed the tape and took it home to Albuquerque and copied it and mailed it back to Grandma. Those were ghetto media days.

What was the first song you heard by 1?
I know "Little Goodbyes" came out first but I hated them then...and then "I Will...But" came out and loved them, haha. I judged their image too quickly like everyone else does. I was just able to rise above bad marketing and recognize brilliant lyrics.

What is your favorite song by 4?
Sugarland has hit the nail on the head of my desire not to work a 9-5 on both of their CDs, the first being "Something More" and the new CD has "Settlin'" which I am obsessed with.

How many times have you seen 9 live?
Thankfully as of last Monday I can comfortably say: once.

What is a good memory you have involving 2?

Well, once I flew to Atlanta to meet a large group of people and conga around Chastain amphitheatre at her concert. And when I conga'd past the stage I flashed her a peace sign AND SHE WINKED AT ME. I am such a nerd. But man, if that was not one of the funnest days of my life.


Is there a song of 8 that makes you sad?
Well, there's this new song that I am sure has a title, but the killer line goes:

I like the feel of you next to me, but that's not love, that's geography.

Ouch.

What is your favorite album of 5?




What is your favorite lyric that 3 has sung?

God is in the roses
The petals and thorns
Storms out on the oceans
The souls who will be born
And every drop of rain that falls
Falls for those who mourn
God is in the roses and the thorns

What is your favorite song of 1?
Man, probably "Love Goes On" because it is just perfection lyrically, vocally, and instrumentally. Also Beth heard me awaken to it every day for about 4 months. Sorry, Beth.


What is your favorite song of 10?
Cross Ties -- my introduction to Jennifer Nettles singing non-Sugarland.

How many times have you seen 8 live?
Pfffffffffffffffffft. Seriously like too many to name.

What is your favorite album of 1?
Knock on the Sky, oddly not the album that contains my favorite song. It is a gem, and the antithesis of the sophomore slump.



What is a great memory you have considering 9?

Well. I don't think I have told many people this but I loved "Wide Open Spaces" and CMT had this program where they'd play a music video and people would write in and tell how that song affected their lives, and CMT would scroll the text while the video played. So I got my little blurb about Wide Open Spaces on CMT. I have it on VHS somewhere. Nerd.


What was the first song you heard by 8?
Wide Open Spaces

What is your favorite cover by 2?
Hm. I think maybe...Dancing in the Dark by Bruce Springsteen. She doesn't really need to do a lot of covers. Oh, and she does a mean Price cover, too.

2 comments:

L said...

i love that starbucks picture. yours?

Beth said...

LOVE GOES OOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN
My day always went off like a rifle so I didn't mind