Sunday, December 03, 2006

One of the most beautiful things...

I have ever seen occurred this week while I was driving to choir practice. I was on I-35 going North, it had just turned cold and was in the 30's. It was about 6:00 PM, and the sun had mostly set. There were clouds in the sky so it was a greyish-green hue.

The interstate lights cast an orange glow along my path, and an ambulance with its lights flashing was ahead of me. It took the exit to 183 North, which involves looping back up over I-35, right over where I was driving.

So there I am listening to Imogen Heap's "The Walk" which is my new favorite song, and this ambulance is suspended above me in concrete on the ramp, and the lights are flashing in time to the song. And the orange-grey concrete against the green sky with the yellow ambulance and the flashing red lights to the beat of Imogen...wow. I can't explain it.

I'm so postmodern-industrial.

1 comment:

L said...

gorgeous!