Sunday, January 15, 2006

Worlds Collide

I was wandering the streets today and decided I needed some caffeine, so I popped into Starbucks with the intentions of getting a tall cinnamon dolce latte, because that flavor is like coziness in a cup. Standing in line, I note that a lady in front just got a Venti something, with one of Starbucks' "The Way I See It" quotes on it. And I see in tiny print (because I am oh so observant) that the quote is from Mary Chapin Carpenter. No way. MCC on a Starbucks cup.

I need that cup.

So I have like now quadrupled the amount of caffeine I am consuming, and while the cinnamon dolce is still an option, it is about 50 cents more across the board because it is "limited" and "special." So I opt instead for the GiantAss (TM) and cheaper almond latte and walk home proudly with my Mary Chapin Starbucks cup. It is now washed out and sits on my desk. I am a tool, but a happy one.

The Way I See It #52

"True Story: Recently I eavesdropped on a conversation between two twenty-something employees at a local Starbucks. I listened as the barista mused about his taste in music. Then the cashier asked him if he had ever heard the song "Strawberry Fields Forever." After a pause, the barista answered, "No, I can't say I've ever heard that one before." That's when I knew there really was such a thing as a generation gap." - MCC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is kind of (a lot) dorky, but also, very very cool!

Beth said...

Jana's faith to her most respected artist is unwaivering. Something to be admired really. I think I'd let JM's quote slide... perhaps I'm not as devoted as I thought.