Thursday, March 09, 2006

Jana's Fake Italiano Chicken

I knew I was cooking dinner tonight, and I knew it involved chicken...but I wasn't sure of anything beyond that. I discovered that we had a box o' cherry tomatoes and some parmesean cheese. That screams Italian to me! Here's what I did (for a serving of 1, to make life easy):

1 chicken breast
3 cherry tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
oregano and basil (to taste)
parmesean cheese (to taste)

Preheat the oven to 375. Right. So just slit the chicken breast to make a little pocket. That sounds gory.

In a bowl, mix the cherry tomato halves, 1 tbs of olive oil, and however much of the oregano, basil, and cheese you'd like. Stuff the chicken!

Put it in a greased pan, drizzle the remaining olive oil on the chicken, and add some cheese or oregano/basil on top for cuteness purposes.

Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes. I served it with some olive oil-y pasta and a touch more oregano on that...quite good. Try it.

1 comment:

L said...

lol my favorite sentence in this recipe:
STUFF THE CHICKEN!!