Monday, March 27, 2006

Mmmm.

So that whole CD release shebang went REALLY well. And I had some freak out moments, even when we were hauling everything in with 50 minutes to get a PA system, merch table, and food table set up. But you know what? It was awesome. And do you know why?

I looked around the room when we were playing (I do that to keep myself busy, haha) and there were SO MANY people there who helped us out...from Eric who loaned us the recording equipment to make the CD and the PA system to use that night...to my cousin who sold CDs like a pro...to Writer who helped us set up and made the munchie of the century for people to take home...to Josh who found us the job that paid for the CD and helped plan the whole event...and on and on and on. And to all the people who heard our desperate pleas to show up because we didn't want to feel lame!!

The moral of the story is, the night was based around some music on a disc, but it wasn't about me and Ben or what guitars we played or how many brownies we had. It really showed me that nothin' in life is done...just by yourself. Even if you sit down a write a poem or a song from YOU, someone gave you those life experiences you wrote about. Someone has to be there to listen. So the night was all about how lucky and blessed I am to have this huge community around me, and I'm thrilled to be a part of it.

End mushiness.

1 comment:

L said...

*sniffle*