Sunday, March 19, 2006

Saturday Thots

I just found out what the new Starbucks drinks are...Spring brings about a Blackberry Green Tea Frappucino (blackberry being the *it* flavor), and Summer will bring a BANANA frappucino. Banana/Coconut or something, to be specific. This makes me happy. Must store up the bank account reserves, hehheh. They're also going to make the Green Tea latte a standard thing, which is awesome. I had one at a Seattle's Best in...Seattle, and it was quite good.

So I got a new CD by one of my favorite bands this week, and it's roller-coastered me. At first I was thinking nothing on it really matched the quality of previous albums...then I kept waking up in the AM with a new track stuck in my head, so it apparently passes the good melody test. Then I realized more lyrics are resonating with me the more I listen...I guess reading them in the liner notes alone does not do them justice. The music definitely adds to how things resonate. And I should know this by now, but I'm lame. So now I'm thinking it's all ok and love my band again. Good times. I hope I always care this much about my favorite artists, even if I have 5 kids and live on a farm. It makes life entertaining.

I'm having songwriter block. I am writing plenty down, but nothing is translating melodically or anything. I guess patience and persistence are the keys. Oh joy. BLAH.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I just got caught up on all of your blogs. Very nice... I'm glad I can count on you to keep me on the IN with Starbucks! hehe. I love the road trip song. Love. Keep it up oh culinary fashionable one.

L said...

i like blackberrys, i think....

its comforting to know i am not the only one with writers block!