Friday, March 31, 2006

Oy.

"Sometimes you know where you should go before you know the way."

Harrumph. I have decided there is no point to a resume, because you are...to use the over-used cliche...damned if you do and damned if you don't.

- If you don't use the standard format that millions of books and websites give you, you have done it incorrectly and no one will read it.

- If you DO use the standard format just like EVERYONE ELSE...it's boring, unimaginative, and no one will read it.

No one's gonna read it. People keep asking me what kind of job I want to do when I get to Austin. I don't know. I'd have it by now if I knew. I figure it will hit me in the face one day and I'll know. What has my work experience consisted of so far? Leading study strategies workshops, teaching labs, producing TV shows, teaching guitar lessons, office organization, selling pizza. Tell me the trend and maybe I can tell you what "kind" of job I want. The point is, I'm open. Ideally, it will be creative, allow me to write, allow me to work on multiple things at a time, and let me play music in my other life. This leaves many jobs open. I like that. I'm NOT floundering, as many well-meaning adults think when they give me that "poor Jana is just out of college and does not know what to do with herself" look. I DO know what I want. I just don't know how to do it yet.

No comments: