Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Progress.

So I can either be an Informational Writer, an Admissions Counselor, or a Performing Arts Management Fellow in Austin. This is IF they like my resume. And call me. And stuff. So really, those are basically the three jobs I was qualified for on UT campus to apply for. There was one other one which sounded kind of cool -- career advisement, but they require a spelling test and I kind of have to be in Austin to take it. When really, I've won spelling bees. Can't I just send them my ribbons?

I need to find other things to apply for. Also, I need to pay bills, but I don't want to work 40 hours a week. This is a problem. Also I need to write "letters of interest" for said jobs.

Also, I saw Bob Dylan last night. Tingley Coliseum should be banned from having concerts in it, because people are cattle and hey, Guy With Beer in row 36...Bob can't see you salute his badassedness with your raised beer cup from 200 feet away. So stop it.

But anyway...Bob Dylan won me over regardless of stupid crowds and bad seating. He actually played "The Times They Are A'Changin," "All Along the Watchtower," "Like A Rolling Stone," and "Lay Lady Lay" -- which I was not expecting because I heard he was doing more obscure stuff on his tours lately, and really...if you have 40 years of material to choose from, you have a LOT of material. So I like Bob. And in some ways it almost seemed like cheating...to see this troubador of the 60's folk movement in a large arena with seats courtesy of Ticketmaster. But then again, Dylan was never "just" folk, and he never really was about "peace and love." That's just when he happened to catch on to American consciousness, and he's had a very winding and varied career since then. So it's all good, and I went home happy.

1 comment:

L said...

i'm pretty jealous of you, but also glad you got to see such a legend!
see ya tomorrow!