Sunday, April 02, 2006

Blah Blah Blah.

I'm humidifying the crap out of my room, because my guitars need it. I am such a tool. I had issues with the neck on my Martin in December, and it finally got all happy again, and then I left the state for like a month and it got really dry again and the neck started dipping and the top started caving and why is every term that guitarists use somehow strange in normal conversation? So anyway, my skin will probably ROCK on the moisture front because of my musical instruments. Meh.

I just engaged in a little Retail Therapy and got a Johnny Cash anthology 2-disc set. That man was so cool. I'm glad I wasn't born Johnny Cash because I'd be dead, and a man, and a former drug addict...but he was cool. This, however, brings up the OTHER main annoyance of my life which is...I have no income. And everything social in this town involves forking money over like it was Lucky Charms on the Irish Cereal Parade Route. Or something. I used to justify it with, "I get paid in a week." No more!

The more I talk to people about finally biting the credit card bullet or having student loans or paying cable TV bills...the more I want to drop off the grid. The idea of drowning in monthly bills ain't my idea of "adulthood." I know this is not possible in the 21st century in the good old US, and it's not like I want to live in in a hut in The Amazon or anything...but life is just too complicated to be healthy anymore. That oh so healthy "credit" which basically equates "Massive Debt" these days cannot be good for the soul. Or the heart. Or the liver. What gives? Maybe I'll invest in an IRA CD and be responsible. Or maybe I'll just go buy some Starbucks.

1 comment:

L said...

I vote for starbucks