Thursday, November 16, 2006

Woman sakes alive.

I love saying "man sakes alive" and I have no clue where I got it. People think I'm weird.

Ok so my neighbors who succeed in blowing me off all the time (and perhaps they think they same of me but I swear I have tried) just got "DirectTV" or some such crap that requires a satellite dish attached to their railing which I swear makes the whole landing that I walk up every day very ugly. If I ever have to move furniture that sucker is "accidentally" going down. Ugh. Why spend the cash to have a dish that makes you sit inside all day and uglifies the outside when you can not have it, sit outside, and enjoy the view?

So I got played on two podcasts this week. That was pretty cool. NetteRadio, a show out of Dallas, even like...bio'd me. She bio's everyone on her show, and I dunno how many submissions she gets a week, but I felt pretty kickass for 30 seconds there. Then I got over it and did my dishes.

I think I dislike working not because of anything visceral...in fast, my new office has a lot of very nice people in it and I foresee myself getting to know many of them quite well. However, I feel like I do not earn my money every day. I do work all day (unless I am checking email haha), and I am useful, helpful...all of those things. But it's like my paycheck is disconnected from my job. The money floats in randomly and I don't feel my work as being of any greater use except making my office's paper flow work better. This is clearly a temporary situation. I need to last a year, if not 18 months, though. I need the cash. The disconnected cash. at least at CAPS I believed in their greater mission AND I was involved on a personal level with my employers. I guess I had it good back then.

I much prefer playing a gig, getting paid after putting my guitar away, and enjoying my night. I feel like I earn things that way, instead of just having it bestowed on me whilst I waste away in a climate controlled asbestos free office.

Some might call me whiny. My mom calls me special. ;)

1 comment:

L said...

maybe they wanted to watch top chef!