Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Home?

Well...I just spent the first night in my new apartment. Alone. By myself. Weird. In Albuquerque, if I were living by myself, I could still just call a bunch of people to hang out. Not so here. I met a couple of neighbors, they seemed friendly. The girl next door has a cat and is my age. There's promise there. (The girl is my age, not the cat).

Moving was not as bad as it could have been for being on the 3rd floor. Thank goodness for my parents. They're cute. I wonder if they were all sad when my sister finally moved out, and then oops! Jana's here! 23 more years of clinginess! Someone asked if they were going to try for another and Mom was all...."uh? no? hello?"

But really, overall I feel good. I am pretty intent on listening to the pit of my stomach, and while there have been and will be rough moments, I think I like this town and I think I'm doing an OK thing. I just need a job. Hello? Job people? Anyone?

I will post a "where Jana lives photo essay" soon, once I decorate and take a bunch of boxes to the trash.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think the person who asked your mom about future children was joking? Or was it someone trying to be funny?

Sleep well in your new home. It's all yours :)

Stephanie

L said...

important question from sydney and spencer: is the cat cool?