Saturday, August 19, 2006

Imported Goodness.


Hatch Green Chile
Originally uploaded by Czech Girl.
So apparently the local Central Market grocery store has a Hatch green chile festival every year, with a fresh batch trucked over the border for the Austinites. The store was decorated in all things New Mexico, with chile roasting, chile sausage, chile SCONES (have not gotten any yet), pinon coffee and zia suns everywhere. As I was driving this AM I saw a New Mexico license plate in front of me and I wondered if perhaps I had magically been transported back home. Then I saw someone dressed in UT burnt orange and got over that fantasy "right quick."

There's really nothing for me to say that all 3 of you who read this don't already know. I guess I could document it for later reading. I got a part time job so that I have less time to look for a full time job but more money, haha. Yaaaaaaaay.

Friday night I went to the legendary honky tonk "The Broken Spoke." It was rather charming...lots of people two-stepping and lots of steel guitar and lots of cowboy hats and polite cowboys. I don't think I'll be trading in my grey dress pants for a twirly multi-colored dress, though. Nope.

I need to finish a song. Some song, any song. Bah.

Also I cannot contain my excitement over the fact that Lisa is having a girl and I really did squeal a little in the charts room in the doctor's office while working when I snuck a listen to my voicemail and heard the news. Lydia Eleanor is going to be so cute! And I will spoil her and still be the cool aunt, hahahaha. YAY!

Speaking of being the cool aunt, time for a beer.

2 comments:

L said...

oo lydia got a blog mention! sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

Hatch is flooded, by the way.