Friday, July 21, 2006

Koozies

So, in New Mexico, I used to marvel at the existence of the "koozie." Those squishy things, usually advertising something, that you slip your can of beer/coke in. What was their purpose? Why would you want to add weight to your beverage? To make it more msyterious, every Texas artist I liked (and subsequently looked around for merchadise for) sold koozies. You never see Madonna koozies. Or, more locally...Jana and Ben koozies. Because people would look at us weird.

Fast forward to my (almost) 2 months here and I GET IT. Ok, humidity gods. I understand that when you take something that is mildly chilled out of the fridge, let it sit out for 2.5 seconds, a pool of condensation as deep as the Rio Grande (haha) will form. I also understand it is cool, in Texas, to show your allegiance to your favorite Texas artists when you drink. It's brilliant marketing, really. So yes. I have busted out my Terri Hendrix koozie. And I drink with pride.

No comments: