Monday, July 31, 2006

My my my.

You know that commercial about pot where the girl who smokes it is a deflated human sitting limply on the couch and her friend says that pot did it to her? It's a good commercial. And it's how summer colds feel, I have decided. Yes, I have a sore throat/sniffly nose/congested head and it is 100 degrees outside. I decided while sitting at a traffic light today that I felt utterly deflated like the pot girl -- due to the heat and my crappy immune system. Oh good times! It's not a bad cold, though, so I'll live.

I get to go to San Antonio this weekend to see my cousin graduate from Air Force boot camp. I'm really proud of him. It's not something I could do. Like, maybe I could if I devoted the next 6 months of my life to training, but really. We all know that's not going to happen. And he decided he was gonna do it...and he did! So we'll celebrate with Pirates of the Carribean and Sonic, as per his request. I'll make him a card. Yay! And my other cousins are driving in, so it's a family affair.

I think I need to get off my butt. And do stuff. Having a cold does not help.

Also, Lisa -- I gave you a shoutout in the middle of Ashley's blogathon (somewhere in there) for your birthday! Good luck finding it, hahaha. But Happy Late Birthday from this blog too. You're a good kid and I'm lucky to have signed up for that class with you many moons ago. :)

P.S. I have a noticeable eye twitch. Is that a cold symptom? Or an "I need a job" symptom? Can we cure this?

No comments: