Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Life Itself

So while I have had the awesome advantage of...not working for a while (too long), I have found that it takes a lot of effort to simply excel at this every day mundane process of living. Maybe it's because I have had too much time to focus on it, but I really don't think it is possible to be a successful human in terms of everything you have to do to just be kind of healthy and outgoing and responsible and whatever. It seems that if I go jogging one day, I forget to drink my 8 freaking glasses of water. Or I spend all day runnings errands and my apartment looks like crap. It's one giant game of catch-up all the time, and I find it exhausting.

Which leads me to believe that the true joy in life is not in these little things. It's in other little little things. Like Diet Coke. Screw you, water. ;)

1 comment:

L said...

i think you are looking at it from a good perspective. when life overwhelms me, i tend to just feel like a loser. i must try and adopt your attitude!